Man Stabs Baby Mother 100 Times, Sets House On Fire with 3 Kids Inside - Krime with Kissy
Connect with us

Krime with Kissy

Man Stabs Baby Mother 100 Times, Sets House On Fire with 3 Kids Inside

Real Crimes

Man Stabs Baby Mother 100 Times, Sets House On Fire with 3 Kids Inside

DAYTONA BEACH, Florida — An angry man has been charged with murder, attempted murder, and arson with people in the home, after leaving his job at a fast good restaurant with the intent to kill his baby mama and 3 children too.

Authorities say the fire broke out late in the day on Monday, Nov. 20. In the arrest report, they described the apartment as being “fully engulfed with flames and large plumes of black smoke emitting from the residence windows and the door.”

Inside, “Officers and firefighters were able to navigate heavy smoke throughout the residence.

They found three children, ages 3-6, including a 1-month-old baby was inside the apartment where Den’Jah Moore was murdered.

Two of the children were rescued. The youngest infant was located within a child’s crib in the northwestern bedroom. The baby died as a result of the fire.

Den’Jah, 30, was found unresponsive and ultimately pronounced deceased at the scene.

The other two children were taken to the hospital in critical condition.

The state fire marshal’s office called the fire “an intentional act with two arson locations. The first location being in the kitchen area where the burners were observed engaged and the second location in the northwestern bedroom where the main fire developed.

The father of the children, 34-year-old Charles Ivy, was notified of the deaths just after 4 a.m.  By that time detectives were already hard at work solving the case.

Investigators said they learned Ivy left his job at a Checkers restaurant at 10 p.m. that night. They tracked his SUV using traffic cameras and an automated license plate reader before and after the fire broke out.

A detective had trouble contacting Ivy the next day, but he was seen with a leg injury while loading suitcases and bags into a different SUV.

“Ivy did not appear to have a limp or obvious injuries,” according to the Checkers manager, who worked with him before the fire.

During a traffic stop, “Ivy refused to speak to detectives or to be transported to the Daytona Beach Police Department so that law enforcement could execute a search warrant for his DNA, clothing, and photographs of his person,” according to the arrest report.

Daytona Beach Police Chief Jakari Young said the suspect charged in the deadly fire, Charles Ivy, is the father of at least two of those young kids.

“The defendant in this incident deserves a special place in the gates of Hell, for what he did,” Young said.

According to the arrest report, When Ivy was brought in “Ivy stated that he went to the victim’s apartment at approximately 2300 hours and stayed for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, remained in the parking lot for approximately 30 more minutes.

“Ivy stated that he was in the victim’s apartment complex until approximately 2335 hours, and the fire marshal stated that the fire started between approximately 2332 hours and 2342 hours. Ivy confirmed his route of travel and it matched up with what was found on traffic cameras.

“Despite being present in the victim’s apartment complex at the time of the murders and arson, the defendant did not come forward to law enforcement in an attempt to aid in the investigation into who committed said murders and arson.”

Charles Ivy was booked for (from left) driving with a suspended license on Nov. 20, 2015; battery on May 17, 2016; and 2 counts of 1st-degree murder, 2 counts of attempted murder, and arson on Nov. 22, 2023.

VIDEO BELOW of his first court appearance.

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

More in Real Crimes

To Top